People and pets routinely died from infections before penicillin, the first antibiotic, was introduced in the first half of the 20th century. Today, veterinarians use antibiotics to treat many typ ...View Article
Welcome to Sackville Animal Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
Call us at 902-865-6400
If you are seeking compassionate, unique animal care for your beloved pet - the doctors at Sackville Animal Hospital can provide you and your pet with a supportive, compassionate experience.
At Sackville Animal Hospital we go the distance to make certain you and your pet enjoy a long, happy life together. Our focus on wellness has provided all of our pet owners with a greater experience of enjoying a happy, energetic well-loved companion.
If you or your family has a pet who is showing symptoms of discomfort, illness or even unhappiness - simply visit us today for a full diagnosis, and a plan to keep your family pet healthy and happy for many years to come.
How To Best Support Your Pet's Wellness:
- Make certain your pet receives annual wellness exams
- Make certain your pet stays up to date with all pertinent, individualized vaccinations
- Keep all pet nails clipped and trimmed
- Watch for symptoms of parasites, fleas, ticks, worms or heart-worms and treat for them regularly
- Choose exactly the right diet for your pet - good nutrition is key to wellness
- If your pet is furry - brush them regularly for mat-prevention
- Watch your pet's urine and feces output to verify they are well fed and hydrated, and worm or parasite-free
- Weigh your pet as often as possible - ideally once a week to verify weight gain or loss, and keep track of this
- Keep your pet's teeth or beak clean. Have your pet’s teeth professionally cleaned by your veterinarian at least once a year.
Owned by Dr. Tyler Hughes and Dr. Kristina Hughes
Lower Sackville Veterinarian | Sackville Animal Hospital | 902-865-6400
485 Sackville Drive
Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia NS B4C 2S1